Monday, June 21, 2010

A new obsession...

 
This is the sample board for the class I took this Saturday
with Mike and Lesley. This class was all about using UTEE
and the Melting Pot. I have had one of these for over a
year and have been a little intimidated about using it,
mainly the chance of burning myself has been putting me
off using it. Well after this class I can see myself getting
obsessed with using UTEE, thanks Mike!

These are the ones I made in class, I really enjoyed the
last part which is where we got to choose different colours
to mix. We were given a couple of pendants by Amate to
use. My friend Lisa took the class with me and we had so
much fun coming up with different colour combinations.
Once we found out that we could pop out the hardened
UTEE from the pendant blanks we went to town making
lots of them, could have been there all day playing with colours :)

There were a couple of other techniques we were taught
but did not get to try out but now we are on a mission to
stock up on the clear UTEE and some of the fabulous
colours they have.

So who else has a Melting Pot and what do you use it for ?

3 comments:

Nancy Lynn said...

I love what you did in class. It has been years since I have done UTEE although I have a ton of it. I have made a lot of embellishments/pendants/charms. You are so lucky to have a great store in your area to take such great classes. Thanks for sharing.

Lori said...

Your UTEE pieces are really great Marlene. Isn't it fun to mix those colors? I don't use UTEE as much as I would like to, but I have made some stamped pieces for altered art, done some faux soldering on glass slides, etc. I was pretty happy with the results. You might have inspired me to dust it off and get going again! I love those pendant blanks.

Lisa V said...

That class was a blast! I could have sat there for another hour mixing colors together & trying them out. Now I can't wait to get that order in.....like we need more stuff! LOL

And wasn't it cool that we got a little freebie for cleaning out our pot? I just thought that's what he wanted us to do!