Friday, June 4, 2010

Artful curio is finished!!!


Posted by Picasa
Well I finally finished it, I was done with it really until I
tried to take photos of it. Then I saw I needed to make
some adjustments to it.
Again, trying to take photo's of things with a glass front
is impossible, I moved it and myself all over my house
and this is the best shot I could get. As you can tell with
the door closed you miss out on seeing all the details,
I knew that and did the best I could with fitting everything in.

I definitely changed direction with this after I got it home.
At the class I really was just playing around with things
but after having it on my desk for a few days I discovered
more of what I wanted to put in it. It really was a very fun
project and can be made in any theme, doesn't have to
look old and distressed. In fact I think mine is one of the
more colourful ones of the ones I saw in class.
I know that Tim got the cabinets from Hobby Lobby so if
anyone wants to try it go and check there.

If anyone has any questions about the project please ask.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

WOW! WOW!!! Your cabinet is absolutely awesome! Oh, I want to make one .... Love it! Thank you for sharing pictures & that the cabinet's from Hobby Lobby. I know where I'll be tomorrow!

Sara Carns said...

Great job, Marlene! Love your "ooh lala!"

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love this project so much! I have to find one of those cabinets. I knew there was a reason I bought those old toy cars on the cruise last year!
Eileen

Lori said...

I saw Sara's today on her blog, it was fab, and yours is too! Love, love, love it! Thanks for the tip about Hobby Lobby, will be running there next week, hopefully with my 40% coupon! These are just great! I love the colors on yours, too!

Kate Burroughs said...

Lovely project! What kind of a cabinet got used to make it? I am wondering if I could do something similar with flatter objects with the 7 Gypsies Printer's tray? Thanks for sharing!

Rachel said...

It is completely amazing, so much to look at.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I LOVE this project, Marlene! So many fun details to look at... I am inspired!