Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday musings...


Posted by Picasa
Last week was kind of weird here in my house. My oldest
left for a trip to Europe and my youngest was doing his
Scuba diving certification. We had a lot of long trips to get
him up to the diving school and that involved late nights
coming home. This weekend was 2 really early mornings
to get him up to a lake to do the open water dives for 7am,
luckily my husband is OK with doing this and letting me
sleep in. Although I was really nervous and got up about
5:45am Saturday to see them off. So now at the grand age
of 14 he is now Scuba Certified, yay!! The reason for this
is that in a couple of weeks he is going on a trip to
New Zealand & Australia and will now have the chance
to scuba dive at the Great Barrier Reef, how cool is that !

With all the stuff going on last week I completely forgot
that it was my 1 year anniversary of starting my blog,
or do they call that a blogiversary nowadays ? I was
encouraged to start a blog by a friend of mine and even
though I do not update it on a daily basis I have enjoyed
posting and showing my few readers a little glimpse into
my life. I have a little something I would like to do as a
giveaway to one of my commenters, so if you leave me a
comment between now and Friday I will pull a name
to win this.


In case you are wondering what it is, it is a do-it-yourself
bracelet kit by Creative Imaginations.
A couple of years ago I was at an event in Nashville called
Scrap etc., they had a few of these for sale and I bought
a couple to give as gifts. Well as I was doing more
re-organizing I came across this one and thought it was
just perfect to give away.

4 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

How cool for your son that he is certified for scuba diving! My daughter did the same thing when she was about 14 - with her dad so they could dive down in Mexico. She hasn't been since, but it's cool that she can say she's certified.

PS: Fun giveaway!!! And congrats on your blogiversary! :o)

Lori said...

Scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef, how cool for a teenager. Something he'll remember forever. Happy Blogversary, or however we say that, lol! And for the opportunity to win something cool!

Lisa V said...

Wow! Has it been a year already??? Incredible!

Your son can always say that he's scuba diver & it can be a "chick magnet". LOL

Happy Blogaversary---and many more! :)

Erin Glee said...

Scuba diving~fun! My boys are still at the swimming lesson stage!
Congratulations on your one year Blogiversary and thanks for a chance at that cute bracelet kit!