Saturday, December 18, 2010

Yesterday a teenager, today an adult...

Today a very special someone is turning 18!! Happy Birthday
Alex!! This is one of my favourite pictures of you taken on
vacation in Hawaii in the summer of 2005.

I cannot believe how quickly the time has gone by this year,
and it won't be too long before he leaves for college. We are
trying to make the most of our family time together and we
have been documenting his senior year by taking a Picture A
Day, something I had done for all of 2008 and 2009 but
wanted a rest this year. However Alex likes looking back on
those albums so much he asked if I would keep doing it.
Eventually, back in August, we decided to do it but not as
a calendar year but a school year. I know that this will be
something we will look at over and over, remembering things
that made us happy and sad - just us living our daily lives.




 

1 comment:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Aw, happy birthday to your boy, or should I say, MAN, Marlene! It's a bit bittersweet when they turn 18 isn't it? xo