Wednesday, December 29, 2010

CCC Week 25...

I have taken a break from blogging and making art for the
last week or so due to having nice quiet family time. My
oldest son turned 18 just before Christmas so that was
where a lot of my attention was going, hard to believe
how quickly time goes by...

Now to getting back to art and creativity. I finally managed
to find some time to do this challenge, for all the details go
and visit Linda. This was a fun technique that I had not tried
before, however it is definitely easy to overdo the alcohol ink
part, I definitely did! My base colours were not red, that was

the alcohol ink. I do like how it turned out though, just not
quite the colours I started with. Hard to see on the photo but
I used the clear glitter Gelly Roll pen to go around the stars
and it looks lovely in person.

The other thing I have been doing this week is desperately
trying to finish off my sketchbook for The Sketchbook Project.
It has to be in the mail by Jan 15th so time is running out.
I am getting close to finishing and have made a real effort
over the last week to finish it. I wish I had found out

about it sooner as I only really had a couple of months
to do it in but I am determined to finish it and send in a full sketchbook.


7 comments:

Nancy Lynn said...

Very very nice piece. Would you email me. I have lost your email address. Thanks for sharing your beautiful artwork.

Terry said...

Love your scribble heart piece. I was thinking of doing something with hearts today! I know so well what you mean about over doing the Alcohol inks! Happy New Year!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

LOVE this art piece, Marlene! And I'm happy that you are almost done with your sketchbook. I really wanted to do that project myself but had too many other things going on. Are you glad you did it?

Netty said...

Its gorgeous, love the background, another great piece. Annette x

Lori said...

Love this one, that tech looks great with the rock star stamp. The colors are awesome! Kind of nice to take a little breather and concentrate on family, isn't it?

Kathy Eddy said...

This looks great. I love the bold coloring and that stamp is perfect for it.

Linda Ledbetter said...

Hi Marlena! Good for you, taking a little break to enjoy time with your loved ones, and happy birthday to your son!

You CCC piece is GORGEOUS! Those fiery colors are perfect for these stamps, and the sentiment is beautiful. I see the glitter pen on the stars up top, and it looks fabulous!

I hope 2011 brings you all your wishes, and am so happy you're playing along with the CCC. Gosh, just 10 more challenges to go!