Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Trying new art...




Probably for the last year or so I have been very
interested in Art Journaling and have been loading
up on magazines, classes, books etc to figure out
how to do it. There really isn't a right or wrong way
to do it but it takes a lot of experimenting and also
a lot of Youtube videos to see what style that
interests you.
I have seen several people's work that really appeals
to me but have not really found out my own style
and therefore I am definitely still in the experimental
stage of it all.

I have signed up to take a yearlong class with
Pam Carriker that is called Journal 365. Her style is
a lot different than some of the other artists I have
seen but really it is all about your own interpretation
of it. I did this page today and the theme for
our first month is "One". You can take that to mean
either, one image, one medium or one style,
whatever it means to you.
This is the second page I have done for this theme
and I decided to use my 2 favourite stamps by
Tim Holtz, and use them multiple times to give
more meaning to them.

Not sure how well I am doing but I am really
just experimenting right now and really am hoping
to find my own style that I get comfortable with and
will know instinctively what to do when I open to a
new blank page, well that is my hope anyway :)


4 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I think you are doing quite well so far! I love the stamps you used - may have to add those to my collection. :o)

Lori said...

I think it's fantastic, Marlene. I'm really wanting to start doing art journals too, but like you, I'm not sure where to start, I guess. Keep up the great work!

Lisa V said...

I like the way you've used the larger man & the smaller man---really looks as if he's walking away.

You will find your style soon---you definitely have a good start on it. :)

Mrs. Spotts said...

How great! I love the colors and your background is wonderful. I would love to see more of your journal pages as you do them...maybe a weekly addition to this blog??? hint hint!!

xxoo
Lorrie