Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My new art journal...


Posted by Picasa
Last Friday I was lucky enough to take a class with
Kelly Kilmer at the Frenzy Stamper store in Scottsdale, AZ.
I have been following her blog for a while and really
love her style of art journaling, she comes to AZ a
few times a year and finally I got the timing right and
was able to go.

The first picture is the actual journal I made in class,
which I absolutely love:)  It is a larger size than I
would have normally used but I really love how easy
it was to make. The other picture is the first page I painted.
We did do some of her painting techniques
first and it was taking me a while to get the hang of it
so I was doing my best to cover up the parts I didn't like.
There are a lot of pages in this book so hopefully by the
time I have finished it I will have figured out how to do
the painting part so that I actually like the results.

Oh and anyone who knows me knows that flowers are
really not my thing, neither is pink :)


3 comments:

Lori said...

Yay, I was like, whoa! she used a flower??!! gasp. Too funny. I think it looks GREAT! Love the painting!

Nancy Lynn said...

That is so great you got to take a Kelly class. I love how she makes her books and paints and collages in them. I have been fortunate to take many of her classes and her online classes which are great too. I love how your book turned out.

Lisa V said...

But the pink & the flower suit the book.......... :)