Wednesday, November 24, 2010

CCC Week 23...

Well here we are at week 23 of the challenge, please go and
visit Studio L3 for all the details. The challenges are now
going to be every 2 weeks during the holiday season, I
think that is a good idea with everyone being really busy
right now.

This week's challenge is Double Distress, don't forget you need
the book to play along. This is a technique I have not really
done much of and was worried about overdoing the inking
to the point you could not see the original colours I started
with. Still I did my best to not overdo it and here is my
finished piece. The Umbrella Man is my favourite stamp and
so I have been trying to not use him too much during this
challenge, I think I have been successful with that so far but
we still have 13 more challenges to go, lol!

I wish all my friends a Happy Thanksgiving and hope you
have fun spending time with your family.

15 comments:

Netty said...

Oh wow yours is just perfect. Annette x

Ron said...

Saw this on ATT - great job with this technique - I think half the battle is finding the right embossing folder to use it with.

Sue West said...

Hi Marlene. Your double distressed background is fabulous and looks perfect with the unbrella man.
Sue xx

Jane said...

I love your entry. I haven't used that embossing folder yet - you reminded me I need to get it out! It's perfect with the umbrella man. Have a great Thanksgiving, and thank you for sharing your wonderful art.

Suzanne Bouchard said...

Stunning composition! The destination is suggested by your choice of background texture fade. The man really seems to be going somewhere! Congratulations for that effect!

Kathy Eddy said...

This was the perfect folder for this. I have seen so many cool ideas using the rays and mine is still unused. I have to play with it!

Maggie said...

Great piece I nearly used this folder it looks fantastic as a background for your art and you used umbrella man my fav.

Lori said...

This is great, Marlene! Love that Rays folder as a background for brolley man, really stands out!

Kat said...

another grate creation,
love the colours,
kat

Meggymay said...

Fantastic, the colours are great, love that stamp as well.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

There's my favorite stamp again! :o) Love the colors you used on this one, Marlene!

Happy Thanksgiving weekend to you, my friend! xo

Lynn Stevens said...

such great dimension on you double distress! love that embossing folder

Yelowflower said...

that looks so kewl! colors rock and the technique worked out beautifully

Terry said...

That is so awesome how you have the Umbella Guy standing on the roadway you created. Wonderful!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Marlene, this is brilliant! Holy cats, I love the umbrella man and those cool, twisty arrows that go so PERFECTLY with the sentiment! You did a great job with the double distress technique-- the colors contrast beautifully and the embossing folder you used is a fabulous choice for this piece. Awesome job, my dear!

That's my favorite stamp, too, and you're welcome to use it as often as you wish! :-)