Monday, November 1, 2010

Life...

Well I hope everyone enjoyed the Halloween weekend, we
had rather a strange visitor last night, apparently he is an
urban legend (although my husband and I have not heard
of him), Slender Man. Some kind of scary phenomenon that
teenage boys know about.

A while ago I posted some photos of various pots and vases
that my son had made in his high school ceramics class, here
are some of the latest ones he has brought home. He is now
going for "big" pots, not easy to see but these are quite a lot
bigger than the previous ones. We have amassed a rather
large collection of pots, in fact they are taking over our kitchen!
Need to come up with something creative to do with them all.

I feel that recently I have only had time to post my
challenges for the Compendium of Curiosities. Life has
been busy here, mostly we have been doing lots of
things to do with finding a college for our oldest, visiting
them, going to financial planning meetings, reading all
sorts of stuff. Then deciding and applying, and the hardest
part just waiting to hear back. I am happy to say that we
finally got a letter last Thursday that he had been accepted
to the school he wanted to go to, now it is all about paying out money!

We are happy that he won't be too far away but he will be far
enough that he will have a real college experience away from
his parents.

Thanks for sticking with me so far, just a brief update on life
here. One more thing is that I finally had some family
portraits taken, the first time in 14 years! I am so happy to
have had photos taken that reflect this time in our lives. I
was one of the lucky winners last May on Becky Higgins
Big Photography Giveaway. I won a session with
Melinda Kolker
, she was wonderful to work with and took
some great pictures of us. She really captured the essence
of our family and the relationship between our 2 boys, I am
absolutely in love with the pictures she took. If you have a
minute or two please look at this slide show she put together for me.


4 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Hi Marlene ~ Great Halloween costumes, love the pots, congrats on UofA! Now, let's talk about your family photos!

OMG, girl, those are amazing. I watched the slideshow and loved every minute of it. LOVE the shot of you with your hubby, and the one of the four of you towards the end. That's such a cool prize that you won! So glad it turned out to be a great treasure. xo

Mrs. Spotts said...

hey Marlene, I love your photos, they are wonderful. I agree that this is such a great time for them to be done, right as your oldest is becoming independent. I love the ones of the boys together.

And those pots are awesome. I hope he is getting a grade that matches them...

xxoo

Sherry said...

Congratulations on your son's placement. I've just had a peek at the slide show - you look like a lovely, happy family - your sons are so much alike. Thanks for sharing x

Lori said...

Well, looks like your stash buying will be cut into considerably in the near future! lol! Congrats to your family! And your slideshow pics are amazing, what a beautiful family!