Saturday, February 5, 2011

No Compendium Challenge for me this week...

Just a brief note to let you know what has been happening with me
this last week. Last Friday 28th January I had quite a severe back
injury, wish I could say I did it doing something exciting but no
it was just a normal morning. I was in excruciating pain, could not
sit down, lay down and could barely stand. I had to call my
husband home from work and could not get into my doctor,
there was several hours wait at the emergency room and so we
tried going to a Chiropractor. I was examined, x-rayed and given
a very painful back massage then sent home to rest and ice my
back. Nothing much changed over the weekend and so my
husband got me into my regular doctor Monday morning. She
gave me lots of different medicines, some heavy duty painkillers
and again told me to rest but now I could use heat on my back,
thank goodness! those ice packs are not for me:)

So I have been pretty much out of it and out of commission for the
week, just totally exhausted and trying to move without
re-injuring myself. No laundry has been done and I am taking this
weekend to try and rest more so hopefully I can do a little more next week.

I have heard this week of so many people who hurt their backs so
severely doing just normal everyday things, it is just amazing that
this can happen and how it can affect everything you do. My
husband and family have really been tremendous this week, I
cannot imagine being like this with no help. Looking forward to
a better week next week so I can go and make some art!

3 comments:

Netty said...

I am so sorry to hear about your back, understand that the pain is just awful. So I wish you sweetheart a pain free week and just take it carefully. Hugs Annette x

Lori said...

Ack! So sorry to hear that! When I experienced that, I ended up having a herniated disc. Not enough to have to have surgery, thankfully, but was flat on my back for a good week. Not fun. Hope yours isn't serious, and that it gets better soon!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh, Marlene, I'm so sorry to hear this. I work in a chiropractic office and we see people in this type of condition all the time. It's always sad when the back pain is so severe that an adjustment doesn't do the trick. I'm glad to hear your family is taking good care of you! I'll be watching for updates here on your blog! xo