Monday, October 17, 2011
I had actually finished all of it except for the front cover back in
July. For some reason I was stuck on doing the cover, I think I was
intimidated by it, lol! Anyway last week I just decided I had to do
it whatever it ended up like and get my book mailed off. Last year
I signed up late and finished it just a few weeks before the deadline.
This year I signed up within a week or so of them opening up the
project and I wanted it done quickly.
this when I chose the theme and even had the book a month or
so before starting it. The book has 15 double page spreads
and then front and back pages. I am only showing a couple of
pages here but am hoping to upload them all on the website for the
with the idea of using varying shades of a colour on each page and
seeing what happened. I used some great border stamps and filled
them in using coloured pencils. I found out last year that the pages
were much too thin to use any kind of paints or inks and even
markers bled through. Hard to tell but for each colour I used
about 10-12 different coloured pencils on the page.
some kind of maze, although some of my pages did not really
work for that. One day whilst browsing on the internet I found
a really cool little story and ended up using that through
the pages of my book. I honestly have no idea where I saw it
or who to attribute it to and I am sorry about that as it was a fun story.