Tuesday, August 18, 2009

More new art..

Posted by Picasa
Today I went to meet a friend, Lisa, we only met a couple
of months ago but we get along really well and are both
interested in art/mixed media/crafting. Lisa showed me
the secrets behind making a cute photo frame using
metal tape and diecuts. We had a good time chatting and
I got to make another new friend, her cute dog, Baron.
When I got home I added some alcohol inks to the metal tape,
still not sure about using these so maybe I need to practice more.
Here is the finished frame complete with a photo.
I had about 12 attempts at getting a photo of it, lighting
was bad everywhere I tried, there really is not a dark patch
at the bottom or a light patch in the top right corner.
Hmm maybe I need some help photographing objects in my house :)
Looking forward to having another craft day with Lisa.

1 comment:

Escape said...

Love the colors! You did a great job with the frame--lots of "fiddling" but I thought it was fun. Looking forward to our next play date to work on metal! :)